Circle Rockin J Reptiles Sale and Info
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Circle Rockin J Reptiles Sale and Info

This forum was created to answer questions about reptiles...breeding, care, housing and SALES! We are currently breeding Leopard Geckos and Jackson Chameleons.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Welcome to Circle Rockin J Reptiles

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Welcome to Circle Rockin J Reptiles Empty
PostSubject: Welcome to Circle Rockin J Reptiles   Welcome to Circle Rockin J Reptiles I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 6:48 pm

We are small hobby breeders of Leopard Geckos and Jackson Chameleons. We breed and raise our "babies" in our small Midwest town in Northeast Missouri. We just started breeding leopard geckos last year with 3 females and 1 male. This we expanded. Currently we have 6 female Leopard Geckos and 3 males. Our current breeding project that excites us the most this season is between our Tangerine females and our Blazing Blizzard male. We are also improving a morph we brought to the Midwest from the west coast called Pacific Green. Leopard Geckos are very hardy reptiles and are perfect for those with little to no experience in reptiles. They do not bite (unless it's breeding season.) they are very social and enjoy interacting with their human friends. I recently found out the hard way that male leopard geckos are very territorial and if they feel threatened or if they feel their females are being threatened, the chances of getting bit are fairly good. I've experienced this once with our Blazing Blizzard. Our other adult male has never shown any aggression towards any of us and is probably our sweetest gecko we have. We also have a sub adult leucistic male that will bring more color morphs and interesting breeding projects to our grouping next year!

Our newest project is Jackson Chameleons. We are fairly new to the chameleons and were quite surprised by the care and equipment needed for these sweet little reptiles. Aside from the UVB lighting and basking lights you need a fairly large cage, height is more important than width. We custom built all of our cages. They are 18 inches around and 4 foot high. We have live plants as well as silk plants in the enclosure. I found bamboo poles and vines at the Dollar Tree. I took the vines and wrapped them around the bamboo poles for easier climbing. There is a whole list of safe live plants online if you're getting ready to house a Jackson Chameleon. We have not bred our chameleons yet. We decided to wait a few months while they get used to their new houses. Chameleons stress easily. We just acquired our chameleons and got them into their enclosures within the last couple weeks.

Before you decide to breed any reptile, make sure you do LOTS of research and ask questions. One of the reasons for this forum is to meet other breeders and to help anyone out there wanting to get started. So if there are any questions you may have, feel free to ask. I will be posting pictures of our enclosures for our geckos and our chameleons very soon.

Back to top Go down
https://crjreptiles.board-directory.net

Welcome to Circle Rockin J Reptiles
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Circle Rockin J Reptiles Sale and Info :: Your first category :: Your first forum-
Jump to: